Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Supermodel Lisa Haydon spills the beans on her life before and after modelling




Model-turned-actor Lisa Haydon is all set to make her film debut. First seen on the Indian fashion runway in 2007, the leggy lass took the modelling world by storm at a young age itself. Born in Chennai to an Indian father and Australian mother, the 23-year-old model is already endorsing a number of brands and is working on improving her Hindi. Lisa is definitely leaving no stone unturned to make it big in the film industry as well.

“I have grown up in three places — India, Australia and USA. As a child, I always wanted to be a dancer. But when I turned 18, I wanted to be a yoga teacher. That required money as I was studying psychology as well. It was then that some of my girl friends suggested that I take up modelling as it would fetch me the money I needed to learn and pay my rent too. I was convinced as my elder sister Mallick had modelled in Mumbai. That’s how my modelling career began,” says Lisa.

As luck would have it, her upcoming film’s director spotted Lisa at a fashion show itself. “I always wanted to be an actor. But modelling happened first. So when I got this offer, I was way too happy. After reading the script I was told that my character was the toughest as I play the character of a woman with few words but is very expressive. So I went to New York for three months to learn method acting before the shooting started,” she reveals.

The dusky beauty says, “Modelling is a great platform that helps being natural in front of the camera for any model. I feel it’s a misconception that models can’t act. As a good model, one also needs to be a good actor, as our face and body language has to convey the idea behind the collection on the ramp.”

Talking about her favourite actors whom she takes inspiration from, Lisa says, “I like Angelina Jolie for the variety of roles she plays, be it the action packed performance in Tomb Raider or the serious role in Changeling.

“I love Meryl streep not only for her acting talent but also for her energy and in Bollywood I like Priyanka Chopra’s work. Coming from a modelling background she has busted the myth models can’t act.”

Lisa grew up watching movies like Taal, Shree 420, Haathi Mere Saathi and Dil Chahta Hai. But her favourite movies are Omkara and Devdas.

When asked if her modelling career will now take a back seat, Lisa says, “Acting is definitely a priority, but I shall model as and when I can too. I don’t want to limit myself and want to do all kinds of roles in life. But it is a gradual process. Right now, want to take one step at a time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment